"There are some who want to get married and others who don't. I have never had an impulse to go to the altar. I am a difficult person to lead"Greta Garbo
- When Greta Garbo arrived Hollywood . Louis B. Mayer informed Her director \Mentor\ Boyfriend Mouritz Stiller " American Men Don't like Fat Women" She lost her weight as well as stiller whose career was dried up as her soared. She refused to return to Sweden with him.
- On her arrival in Hollywood in late 1925, Garbo was sent to Max Factor seeking 'make-up dramatization' for her first American screen test. Of the early Garbo, Factor said, "She has natural eyelashes more lovely than any artificial lashes I can supply.
- She was Adolf Hitler Favorite Actress.
- Garbo And Marlene Dietrich shared a Lesbian lover, The socialite Mercedes De Acosta.
- At Mayer 's insistence She agreed to appeared in a premiere of Camille . She wore her pajamas under her fur coat , Waved to her fans walk out to the door without bothering watching the film.
- In "Ninotchka," Garbo gave a brilliant comedy performance in one of MGM's best pictures to date. Louis B. Mayer sent her a huge bunch of flowers on the first day of shooting; she returned it without a word.
- The appeal of Garbo was androgynous and enormous: at the peak of her success she was reputed to receive ninety thousand letters a month, 80 percent of them from women.
- Except at the very beginning of her career, she granted no interviews, signed no autographs, attended no premieres, and answered no fan mail.
- Garbo First talkie Anna Christie ,was highly publicize by MGM with the promo line "Garbo Talks!!!!" Her first Comedy "Ninotchka" Was dub " Garbo Laugh !!" When " Camille" was released. Some suggested the ad should read " Garbo Coughs!!"